The Basic Filmmaking Workshop is a series of workshops held over a 2 month period during evenings (Tuesday and Thursday) and some weekends, and provides an intensive introduction to independent filmmaking. All steps and processes are covered from creative conception to the final cut – including the basics of screenwriting, directing, camera operation, lighting, sound and film editing. During the course, the participants will be exposed to the process of shooting and editing a short film and short video. Each participant will have the opportunity to shoot their own short script and one OR two scripts will be chosen to be shot on the Red One Camera or the Sony FS7.
- Screenwriting – Thurs. Oct 3, 2019 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Directing- Thurs. Oct 10, 2019 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Camera part 1 – Thurs. Oct 17, 2019 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Camera part 2 – Thurs. Oct 24, 2019 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Lighting and Grip – Thurs. Nov 7, 2019 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Sound – Thurs. Nov 14, 2019 (7-10PM) Black Lodge Studio
- Editing workshop – Weds. Nov 21, 2019 (7PM-10PM) Media Lab
- Production Meeting Class – Thurs Nov 28, 2019 (7-10PM) Media Lab
- Short Film Shoot Day 1 – Sat Nov 30, 2019 (9:30AM-4PM)
- Short Film Shoot Day 2 – Sun. Dec 1, 2019(10AM-4PM)
- Editing lab – Sat & Sun. Dec 7 & Dec 8 2019 (10AM-2PM) Media Lab
There are only 10 spots available for this workshop
NOTE: Dates are subject to change based on instructor availability.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Notice Given: Eligible for:
At least 7 days prior to start date Full refund
7 days to 48 hours prior to start date Full refund less 20% administration fee
Less than 48 hours prior to start date No refund
-The Winnipeg Film Group reserves the right to cancel any course where the minimum registration has not been met. Anyone registered for a course that has been cancelled is eligible for a full refund, Cancelled course fees may also be used towards any other Winnipeg Film Group training programs.