WFG Black Lodge | Saturday September 15 | 12pm – 4pm
Filmmaker Patty Dillon is in town! She will be screening her latest film There Will Be No Stay at the WFG Cinematheque and teaching a great workshop on Documentary filmmaking. The workshop will be held in the WFG Black Lodge and is free to all!
This DIY workshop will cover filmmaker Patty Dillon’s process in creating a film. The class will include the following:
- How the idea is born (follow your curiosity)
- Research: becoming an expert on your subject
- Asking questions like: What is the story? How do I want to tell the story ? Narration or no narration
- Finding your DOP: What do I want the film to look like?
- Writer/Director/Producer – roles and responsibilities,
- Budget Funding
- Production (principle photography)
- Finding your Editor
- Final cut to Film Festivals
- Selling your film
To sign up for this FREE class, please email milos@winnipegfilmgroup.
Instructor Bio: American independent director Patty Dillon is originally from San Diego, California and studied Theatre performance at the University of Nebraska and worked as a stunt woman in film and television shows such as: Dawson’s Creek, One Tree Hill and Eastbound and Down.
Dillon moved to Omaha, Nebraska and worked with Dana Altman, the late Robert Altman’s grandson. Dillon officially made her debut as a filmmaker in 2016 with her first film, the riveting documentary about executioners, There Will Be No Stay. Nominated for five awards including, three best feature documentary awards, and two audience choice awards, Patty continues to direct and produce independent projects.