MFM Production Fund in association with William F. White
SPRING 2019 DEADLINE – Monday, April 22, 2019 | 4pm
SPRING 2019 DEADLINE – TBD
GUIDELINES: MFM Production Fund Guidelines
SUBMIT: Online Submission Form
The Winnipeg Film Group’s MFM PRODUCTION FUND (in association with William F. White) is designed to assist Winnipeg Film Group members in the development of their artistic careers by providing support towards the production of film projects in the form of cash and services awards.
This award fund is geared to filmmakers who have made at least one independent production (on film, video or digital media) as director or as the primary artist/creator.
The MFM PRODUCTION FUND has two deadlines annually, one in the fall and one in the spring. Applications for production and post – production components are considered during both rounds, but each individual application must be for one component only.
FUNDING SUPPORT: This program will provide grants for up to $2,000 CASH and up to $2000 in Winnipeg Film Group SERVICES. Additionally, applicants are eligible to apply for a William F. White production equipment PACKAGE AWARD of $1250.
- To assist members to create film, video or digital media projects
- To assist members to use film, video or digital media as a means of artistic expression
- To assist members to further develop their careers as filmmakers
- To contribute to the overall development of filmmakers in Manitoba
- A current resident of Manitoba
- A current member of the Winnipeg Film Group (in good standing)
- Applicants who have completed at least one independent work as director or artist/creator (on film, video or digital media)
- Applicants who have not completed at least one independent film or video as director/creator can apply to the post production phase of the MFM Production Fund, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements and submit a complete application
- The independent work must not be a student project, assignment or activity issued by an teacher or professor from a University, College or other preparatory related school
- The director/creator of the proposed project, who has and will retain full artistic and editorial control
- An applicant is only eligible to apply to this fund if they do NOT already have an OPEN MFM Production Fund or MFM First Film Fund grant/award. An award/grant is considered CLOSED when a final report to the Winnipeg Film Group has been received, including a DVD or film file and that all documents/materials have approved by the Winnipeg Film Group.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR ASSESSMENT
- The artistic merit of the proposed project
- The significance of the proposed project on the development of the applicant’s artistic career
- Whether the applicant can successfully carry out the proposed project
The submission process for the Winnipeg Film Group’s Fund programs has moved to an online system, accessible via the submissions page.
In the event you have difficulty accessing a computer with Internet connection to make your submission, please contact the Winnipeg Film Group for assistance.
INQUIRIES regarding the MFM PRODUCTION FUND and other Winnipeg Film Group production programs can be directed to:
Production Centre Program Coordinator
204-925-3456, ext 111
Production Centre Director
204-925-3456, ext 109
With the valuable, ongoing support of MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC we have been able to assist over 200 Manitoba filmmakers create, market, and screen their films for more than 10 years.
We also acknowledge the services support of William F. White.