We hope to announce our next intake for this program in 2020. Stay tuned!
APPLICATION 2017 DEADLINE: Extended to Fri, April 28th at 4pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Winnipeg Film Group’s Women’s Mosaic Film Fund (Project) is a production support and film mentorship program to support women from Aboriginal or diverse cultural backgrounds to produce a first or second independent short film or video.
There is ONE award available.
This award includes $2,000 to support living expenses over the five-month production period, $3,000 in cash to be used for development and production costs, $2,000 in services from the Winnipeg Film Group (workshops/training, equipment, cameras, studio rental, etc.) and the one-on-one assistance of an experienced woman filmmaker as project mentor.
This program supports filmmakers who intend to work in narrative, experimental or documentary, or hybrid/cross-genre work on film or video. The award funding and timeframe is ideal to support a film or video that is 3-5 minutes.
- Women who self-identify as Aboriginal or being of a diverse cultural background*
- A beginning filmmaker with little or no previous film or video work
- Manitoba residents for at least six months prior to the application deadline
- Over 18 years of age
- Not a full time student
*For the purposes of this program, Aboriginal peoples include Status, Non-Status, Metis and Inuit people; ‘diverse cultural background’ refers to persons of African, Asian, Latin American or Middle Eastern origin.
Applications should be submitted through our online submissions platform, with the following documents:
- A letter of intent, describing the proposed film or video concept (up to 2 pages max.)
- A paragraph describing how this project will contribute to your artistic aspirations
- Applicant’s resume (up to 3 pages max.)
- Letter of recommendation (up to 750 words max.)
* Applications can be submitted in French
INQUIRIES:The Winnipeg Film Group welcomes inquiries about this program and about the application process. For assistance, please contact:
Production Centre Director
(204) 925-3456, ext 1o9