Aug 1, 2012
JOB POSTING SUMMARY
The Winnipeg Film Group has an opening for the permanent, part-time (15 hrs/wk) position of Distribution Assistant.
Reporting to the Distribution Director, the Distribution Assistant supports the Distribution Director in the acquisition, distribution and preservation of the films in Winnipeg Film Group?s catalogue, along with a variety of other related tasks.
Committed to employment equity, the Winnipeg Film Group encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Application deadline: Monday, 20 August?2012 @ 9 AM
Anticipated start date: Tuesday, 04 September?2012
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A post-secondary education in film studies, fine arts / art history, or arts management
- Experience in the film & video or arts sector in Canada either through curatorial work, post-secondary study or independent endeavors
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and will enjoy working with people
- A keen attention to detail and demonstrated work ethic
- The ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment
- The ability to take direction and to self direct
- Proficiency working within both PC and Mac computer systems
- Proficiency in MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of design and media software, such as Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and / or Photoshop
- Experience working with Filemaker Pro and / or Quickbooks
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties are requested to submit a cover letter and resume by Monday, August 20 @ 9 AM, to:
Winnipeg Film Group?
304 ? 100 Arthur Street?
Winnipeg, MB?R3B 1H3
Attn: Monica Lowe, Distribution Director
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org?
Subject: Distribution Assistant
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.