Mar 16, 2012
The Winnipeg Film Group has an opening for the permanent, full time position of Production Centre Director.
Serving as the staff leader of the Production Centre wing of our organization, the Production Centre Director reports to the Winnipeg Film Group?s Executive Director and directly manages membership, training and technical staff.
The Production Centre Director supports the development of and executes general organizational and artistic goals connected to the provision of programs and services to support the development, production, creation and experimentation of independent filmmakers working in all forms and media, within a financially and administratively responsible manner.
Committed to employment equity, the Winnipeg Film Group encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Application deadline: Tuesday, April 10, 2012
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Excellent written and verbal English skills; added proficiency in French would be an asset
• Excellent budgeting and project management skills, with strong financial acumen and proposal writing skills
• A minimum of three years working in a leadership position within the artist run media arts sector; or an equivalent combination of board level work and professional management experience
• A minimum of five years working as an independent filmmaker with a history of professional presentations; a university degree in film production or a related area would be an asset; experience working as a camera assistant, DMT and / or editor would be an asset
• Proficiency working within both PC and Mac computer systems; proficiency in MS office software, including Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Outlook; experience working within Quickbooks accounting software would be an asset
• Proficiency with digital editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Premiere; experience with design software such as Photoshop and web platforms such as WordPress would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references by Tuesday, April 10, 2012, to:
Winnipeg Film Group
304 – 100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg MB R3B 1H3
or via email to
Subject: Production Director Position
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.