Jan 23, 2017
JOB POSTING SUMMARY
The Winnipeg Film Group has an opening for the permanent (25 hrs/wk) position of Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Production Centre Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, promoting and administering the Winnipeg Film Group’s production training and film appreciation programs; helping to ensure they are responsive to the needs of the local artistic filmmaking community and fostering the equality of opportunity.
Committed to employment equity, the Winnipeg Film Group encourages applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 @5PM
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Monday, February 13, 2017 @10AM
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A post-secondary education in film studies, fine arts / art history, or 2+ years of relevant arts management or production and/or post experience.
- Proficiency working within both PC and Mac computer systems.
- A solid understanding of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Proficiency in MS Office or Google software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- QuickBooks and other financial and administrative record-keeping experience a plus.
- Experience with handling and packing camera equipment and grip gear.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Must be highly reliable, self-motivated, engaging and personable.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment
- The ability to take direction and to self direct
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified parties are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references by Wednesday, February 1, 2017 @5PM.
Subject: Program Coordinator Position
Or mail to:
Winnipeg Film Group
Attn: Ben Williams, Production Centre Director
304 – 100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.